9 Natural Ways to Get Rid of Facial Hair That Actually Work
Statistics show that about 5-10% of women of any age have hirsutism – also known as excessive hair in unusual places. Even if we’re healthy and able to take care of our skin, we will need to use tweezers from time to time in order to look pretty. Our researchers discovered that there are many less painful ways to remove facial hair – especially since you can easily find them right in your kitchen!
Bright Side came up with a list of the most effective ways of removing facial hair that can be applied almost anywhere and at any time.
A few decades ago, a natural remedy for removing facial hair was all that was available to women. Because these methods only require a few simple ingredients that you already have in your home, they are affordable. These simple home remedies are safe, effective, and produce lasting results. If you’re looking for an effective way to take care of your unwanted facial hair, we have the best remedies for you.
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Facial Hair
1. Green Gram Flour and Rose Water
- 2 tablespoons of green gram flour
- 1-2 tablespoons of rose water
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Put rose water and green Gram flour in a bowl and mix well.
- Mix the ingredients once again and then add lemon juice.
- The paste should be applied to the affected areas of your skin.
- Allow it to sit there for at least 20-25 minutes before removing the lid.
- Put your fingers on the mask to rub it off.
Repeat: 3-4 times a week.
Results: Green gram flour has exfoliating properties and when combined with rose water, it helps curtail hair growth.
Suitable for: all skin types
In combination with the goodness of rose water, gram flour has anti-hair-growth properties and allows for a gentle way to remove facial hair. Find out how to make this super easy method here!
For best results, again repeat this three to four times a week. For best results, mix 2 tablespoons of gram flour with two tablespoons of rose water and one tablespoon of lemon juice, refrigerate for ten minutes, and apply/rub on your face.
2. Onion + basil
- Onion, 2 medium size
- Leaves of 10-12 basil plants
- A thin, transparent membrane can be found between the layers of an onion.
- Make a paste of the membranes and basil leaves.
- Remove unwanted hair by applying the paste to the area and leaving it there for 20-25 minutes.
- Put warm water on it.
Repetition: 3-4 times a week for 1-2 months.
When combined with basil, onion is actually beneficial for you since it facilitates hair growth. Its adverse effect is to make you gain unwanted facial hair.
All skin types are suitable for this lotion.
3. Lavender oil + tea tree oil
- 2 teaspoons of lavender essential oil
- Tea tree oil 4-6 drops
Tea tree oil and lavender oil mixed in a bowl.
Apply the mixture of oils with a cotton ball on the facial hair.
Repeat: For 3 months at least, take it 2-3 times per day.
As a result:
Both tea tree and lavender oils help in removing unwanted hair and are anti-androgenic.
Best suited to acne-prone and oily skin
4. Honey + sugar
- Honey, 1 tablespoon
- Sugar 2 teaspoons
- 1/4 cup of water
- Honey and water should be added to the sugar in a bowl.
- Add the mixture to the microwave and heat for about 30 seconds until the sugar is dissolved and combined with the liquids.
- Put the paste on the areas with unwanted hair on your face.
- Let the mixture cool for a few seconds by placing a strip of cloth over the applied mixture.
- Reverse the strip by pulling it against the direction in which your hair grows.
Repeat: as often as necessary.
Remove unwanted hair instantly with this peel-off mask and exfoliate dead skin cells perfectly.
All skin types are suitable for this product.
5. Oatmeal + banana
- Oatmeal, 2 tablespoons
- One ripe banana
- Make a paste out of a banana by mashing it.
- Put the oats and banana into a blender and blend.
- Rub the paste in a circular motion after applying a generous amount to the desired areas.
- Wash the paste off with cold water and let it sit for 15-20 minutes.
Repeat: Occasionally 1-2 times per week.
Compared to other natural exfoliants, oatmeal has a grainy texture that makes it a good agent for exfoliating facial skin.
Suitable for skin types of all types.
6. Gelatin + milk
- Gelatin powder, unflavored, 1 tablespoon
- 3 teaspoons of whole milk
- One or two drops of lemon juice
- Milk and lemon juice should be mixed with gelatin in a bowl.
- For 15-20 seconds in the microwave, heat the mixture.
- Apply the mixture directly to your face after removing it from the microwave. Let it cool for a few seconds after removing it from the microwave.
- Remove the mask with your fingers after 5 minutes, then let it sit on your face.
Repeat: as often as necessary.
It can remove dead skin cells and even blackheads instantly and is sticky enough to peel them off instantly.
Suitable for: all skin types with the exception of sensitive and acne-prone skin
7. Egg + cornstarch
- One egg
- Half a tablespoon of cornstarch
- Sugar, 1 tablespoon
- Place the whites in a bowl after cracking an egg.
- Stir well the cornstarch and sugar into it to make a smooth paste.
- For about 20-25 minutes, apply the paste to your face.
- Once the paste is hard enough, pull it off with your hands.
Repeat: Every two to three weeks.
You can pluck your facial hairs with egg whites as perfectly as you wand can pluck them with store-bought wax.
Recommended for: normal, dry, sensitive, acne-prone, and irritated skin types.
8. Potato + lentil
- Yellow lentils, 1 cup
- One potato
- Fresh lemon juice, 1 tablespoon
- Honey, 1 tablespoon
- The lentils should be soaked in water overnight.
- The next morning, crush the soaked lentils into a thick paste in a food processor.
- Potatoes should be peeled before running them through the food processor.
- Use a sieve and squeeze out as much potato juice as you can from the crushed potato.
- Honey and lemon juice should be added to the lentil paste along with the potato juice.
- Let the paste sit on the skin for 20-30 minutes and apply it to the affected areas.
- Remove the mask with your fingers once the paste is dry, and your unwanted hair will fall off with it.
Repeat: Once a week to twice a week.
The natural bleaching properties of potatoes also help to lighten the strands of hair that remain after removal with the lentils.
You can use this mask on any skin type, however, if you have dry skin, apply moisturizer afterward.
9. Papaya + turmeric
- 2 raw papayas
- Turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon
- Peel and cut the papaya into smaller pieces.
- Making a paste from the pieces requires mastering them.
- Add turmeric powder to papaya paste.
- To get rid of unwanted hair from your face, apply the paste to the affected areas.
- Massage the mask gently onto your skin at first and then allow it to sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Put warm water on it.
Repeat: Every 2 weeks
Human hair falls out naturally when it is exposed to papain, an enzyme found in raw papaya.
The cream can be applied to any skin type.
Q. Do you recommend that facial hair be removed?
A. Getting rid of unwanted body hair doesn’t matter if it makes it grow thicker, and it can be done in any part of the body. One misconception is that removing unwanted hair would cause thicker hair to grow, however, that is not true.
Q. Is it okay for women to shave their faces?
A. Facial skin on women is much more sensitive than that of men. Shaving the face can irritate skin and result in skin problems. Instead of shaving, try other methods of facial hair removal.
- It takes a long time for most home remedies to show results than prescription medications.
- Before you use any of these remedies, make sure you go for a steam bath so that your pores open up.
- After doing the treatment, make sure your skin is clean and neat by washing it properly.
- To stay hydrated and get all the vitamins your skin needs, drink plenty of water and fruit and vegetable juices.
- Stay on a healthy diet and exercise regularly to reduce the growth of unwanted hair and balance your hormones.
- Symptoms of unusual hair growth coupled with increased muscle mass decreased breast size or a deepening of voice should be discussed with your doctor.
Share your recipes for removing unnecessary facial hair in the comments!